Owners of Omega Pacific G-FIRST carabiners should immediately inspect their inventory as prescribed in their recall notice.
Per Omega Pacific:
Omega Pacific has discovered a defect in a limited number of the G-FIRST series carabiners and is announcing a voluntary recall for replacement. The defect was discovered during an internal quality assurance procedure and was determined to affect a single lot. We will replace each returned unit with a new product.
Here are the details:
• Any G-FIRST with Lot “OD” on the frame’s spine should be returned for replacement
• Approximately 1700 were produced and shipped between February and October 1st 2017
• There are SIX item numbers to check for Lot “OD” on the spine, as shown above
• The defect was discovered through internal testing; no accident or injury is associated with this recall
• All internal testing has verified affected product meets and/or exceeds its rated strength, but all product marked “OD” should be returned, regardless
• Recall is limited to the item numbers listed below
• No other goods are included in this recall, and if you are in possession of similar items which are not lot “OD”, they are not subject to this recall
• We have informed the US Consumer Product Safety Commission and are managing this recall with them https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/
Please securely package any of the affected goods and send them to:
Attn: G-FIRST RECALL RMA #2313
11427 West 21st Avenue
Airway Heights, Washington
Be sure to include your name, shipping address, business name and phone number, should we need to contact you. Should there be doubt whether your items are included in this recall, please call us at 800-360-3990 or email us at email@example.com with the word “recall” in the subject line.
Please contact Omega Pacific for additional support: 1-800-360-3990