- Product Description
- Product Tags
Increases user safety
- Reduced Weight
- Fewer Components
- Faster Rigging
- Quick Changeovers
- Simplified Training
- Lower Risk
The MPD is UL Classified as a pulley, descent control device and belay device.
- Variable-friction descent control device for rescue systems and rappels
- Incorporates a high efficiency pulley with an integral rope-locking mechanism (ratchet) for a haul system
- Built-in becket allows cleaner rigging and more efficient pulley systems
- Allows main line and belay line rigging to be mirrored or twin-tensioned
- Functions as both a lowering brake and as a ratcheting pulley for raising
- Ideal for confined space operations because it converts rapidly to a retrieval line
- Meets BCCTR Rescue Belay Competency Criteria**
The MPD comes with a padded Cordura nylon storage bag and User’s Manual.
*13 mm version designed for use with 12.5 – 13 mm rope. Rope used for certification rounded up to 13 mm per NFPA 1983. 11 mm model is designed for and tested with 11 mm rope. 11 mm model UL rated “T” Technical Use for descent control.
** The British Columbia Council of Technical Rescue (BCCTR) Belay Competency Drop Test specifies a 1-meter drop onto 3 meters of kernmantle rescue rope with less than 1 meter of additional travel and less than 15 kN peak force. For a General Use rated device, a 280-kg load and a 12.7-mm rope are generally used. For a Technical Use device, a 200-kg load and an 11-mm rope are used.
3 sigma MBS
|11 mm Model||333010||2.6 lb (1.2 kg)||11 mm (7/16 in)||Slate||General Use||Technical Use||44 kN (9,891 lbf)||20 kN (4,496 lbf)|
|13 mm Model||333000||2.6 lb (1.2 kg)||13 mm (1/2 in)||Red||General Use||General Use||44 kN (9,891 lbf)||23 kN (5,170 lbf)|